<Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:11:44 -0400
From: "7sabby" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Animas Pump

As a follow up,

                    I telephoned my "nutritionist" at York Endocrinology
today and asked her if the staff at York Endocrinology would support me if I
decided on the Animas pump or if I needed to find another doctor.  She said
they would support me but that she would need a "refresher" course as she
had not been trained since it came out in 2000.  She was clearly not happy
with my decision.  I told her to forward the letter of medical necessity to

She insisted that the support system and supplies would not be as good as
Minimed and that she could not guarantee a back-up pump if something went
wrong with mine.  She also stated it may "be a while" until I can get
started because she needed to re-familiarize herself with the pump and how
it works.

Anyway, persistence does pay in the long run........  I'll keep everyone
posted ...........

Thanks to all who responded.

Allen in York, PA>