Re: [IP] Insurance Questions Problem

> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:52:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jeannie Ginn <email @ redacted>
>>> My 22y/o daughter,Kara, was working w/Animas to get a pump,which we
thought was happening by the end of Oct.Today we found out her insurance co
wouldn't cover it because she has only had the policy 6 months & her
diabetes was prexisting condition. She didn't have any coverage prior to
this. <snip> Kara was dx 14 yrs.ago & has so many problems contolling her
bgs. She's been hospitalized w/dka & least 12 times in past 3 yrs.
Jeannie Ginn >>>

Without previous insurance how were those 12 hospitalizations paid for? I'm
going to *suppose* she had no insurance under her OWN name - but through her
parent's? If so, she was covered and I'd do some hollerin' to someone about

Lord, help me relax about insignificant details
beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 a.m.