[IP] Insurance QuestionsProble

My 22y/o daughter,Kara, was working w/Animas to get a
pump,which we thought was happening by the end of
Oct.Today we found out her insurance co wouldn't cover
because she has only had the policy 6 months & her
diabetes was prexisting condition.She didn't have any
coverage prior to this.They state she won't be
eligible for a pump untill 5-02.
We've read the pumping book,watched the videos,&
all the wonderful information in this digest & were so
excited to begin.
Needless to say she is so disappointed.
Does anyone know if there is any information/help
w/this type of situation?
Animas said if her insurance co.wasn't self funded,we
could appeal to the insurance commission,but after
calling the co.found they are self funded.
Kara was dx 14 yrs.ago & has so many problems
contolling her bgs.She's been hospitalized w/dka &
least 12 times in past 3 yrs.
Jeannie Ginn

Do You Yahoo!?