[IP] How does your insurance cover supplies?

Hi all,

I'm curious:  Do pretty much all insurance companies cover pump supplies like
they do the pump--as "durable medical equipment?"   I have an absolutely
fabulous premium PPO plan with United Healthcare--$5 doctor visits, $5 Rx,
all lab/hospital covered, etc.  However, for durable medical equipment, like
when I got my MM508, they covered only 80% and I had to pay 20%.  They tell
me that my pump supplies are covered the same way, 80/20.

Is that common?  I was surprised they were not considered like a regular
prescription.  I expected to pay $5 for each supply item.

Would be interested in hearing the experiences of other pumpers.