[IP] bathing - to disconnect or not

>BTW, you should disconnect from the pump when you're bathing--I used to stay
>connected and just put the pump next to the tub, but I learned that the
>extremely hot water I use could affect the tubing and/or the insulin.

<Have you actually had a problem with this? I've had no obvious problem with
long, relatively warm soaks.

Pat >>

Hi Pat,

No, I haven't.  But I use almost hot-tub-temperature water, and when I read
in Pumping Insulin that insulin is a protein that can be "cooked," I decided
not to chance it.  I've certainly had a few weird readings, but I can't link
it to bathing while connected--just being cautious.