RE: [IP] Animas Pump

I have been investigating an Animas pump.
I am on a MM 507C, and would really like to get a waterproof pump.  More a
convenience thing than anything else.
I called MM and asked about upgrades to their new waterproof when it arrives
and they cut me quite short on the phone indicating there was no program to
go from 507C to anything else.  Maybe when the new one arrives there might
be something.
I dropped an email on the Animas web site, got a call back from a rep and
now the ball is rolling to see if I can turn in my current pump and get an
Animas.
FYI...
I spoke with my diabetes clinic and they indicated that it would be hard to
get an Animas pump and that insurance probably would not pay for it.  And
furthermore if they did pay for it, they wouldn't pay for supplies.  I asked
the Animas rep about this and she was surprised that they said this.
Indicating that their contract with the insurance company was the same that
MM had.  I don't like the thought that my clinic is on the payroll of
Minimed/Medtronics if that is the case.  The message was sure clear that MM
was their preferred way to go.

Any BTW ALL the Animas people I have spoken with are very friendly and
customer service oriented.

Bert