RE: [IP] insulin cold/warm

Kathy,

>From my understanding of insulin and general liquid state, this is not such
a great idea.  When you fill up your resevoir or needle when the insulin is
cold, you have less air bubbles or at least, only very small minute ones.
However, once that liquid warms to room temperature, those air bubbles get
much, much larger.  So the security you're feeling from having little or no
air bubbles with cold insulin is only temporary and you may be finding a
tougher problem later on when you have a lot less in your resevoir than you
thought.

Hope that helps,

Kelsey

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Kathy Bruckmeyer
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 9:32 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] insulin cold/warm

Hi!
Just wanted to comment on what was written.

When I injected, always took insulin out to warm up before I filled needle
and did same when filling my reservoir.  However, one day took insulin out
late and it was cold and I found that I actually had LESS air bubbles when
filling it that when it was warm.

Any other comments on this?
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted