[IP] Re: Diabetic Friends

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my profile. Monday is D-Day
when I "pump start". My pharmacist just started the pump two weeks ago and
absolutely loves it. Said she felt physically and emotionally better
immediately.  I worry that my hopes are too high, but in contrast to my
hopeless feelings, I wouldn't trade it.  I love the new opportunity to speak
and share with fellow Type 1 diabetics since I have not had a diabetic friend
since I was diagnosed (back in 1989). No one can understand this except
fellow diabetics. Those of you who wrote to share your successes and changes
since the pump have helped motivate me. Someone wrote that they felt they
were wrong in deciding to try the pump when they took a look at the apparatus
(tubing, workbooks, etc.) I had the same feeling and I am a little hesitant,
however, I am looking forward to my new future PUMPING. To my fellow pumpers,
thanks again. I hope this is the way I answer, I'm not sure, so please
respond so I know that I got through.  One more thing....I am divorced 2
years, living alone for 5. My health is my number 1 priority, but I believe I
will be ready for a relationship yet I feel that I don't want to pull anyone
else in on this with me.  It's hard sometimes and I wonder whether it would
be fair to someone.  Is this a unique feeling?  Has anyone else felt this?
Feedback would be appreciated. Hope to hear from you all.