Re: [IP] IMPORTANT-VIRUS DETECTED ON IP POST

At 06:20 AM 10/13/2001 Kathy Bruckmeyer wrote:
 >Please note that a virus was detected on a message sent by Karen Pence
 >titled Veteran's must be licensed.
 >The virus is PE-MAGISTR:DAM.
 >
 >DO NOT OPEN THIS FILE!  DELETE IMMEDIATELY.

This would arrive as private mail. No viruses can be passed directly from
IP list mail, since we strip out all attachments.

The person who's been infected is probably not even aware that their
computer is sending out these messages. The safest course of action for
everyone is to have a virus checker running in the background at all times.
Equally important is to have the virus definitions of your virus checker
updated regularly... these often come out weekly as new viruses are
discovered.

Never open up mail attachments... that's where these viruses come from. If
you use Outlook Express, make sure that it is not set to automatically run
macros or execute programs.

Sam