Re: [IP] Airport Security/Prescription Labels

>Hi all:  Now I see that a letter from a physician will not be adequate
>for the airlines, and we are supposed to have pharmacy labels on
>everything.  So, what about those of us who have unlabeled pump
>supplies, unlabeled insulin vials (because we purchase out of pocket)
>etc.?  I would love to hear how this is supposed to work for us. Have a
>holiday trip planned and just cant handle being unprepared at the

I also plan to travel soon.  Also am in process of moving and hence
have no doctor let alone prescriptions - just the standard copiers of
letters from my old doc listing the supplies i need.

All the ups and downs of current security regulations are to be
expected g9iven the current circumstances.  So I guess I'll travel
with one extra set and a syringe and if need be extract insulin form
the cartridge in the pump.  Will have to check all standard pump

As always friends of mine report that the airports they have traveled
thru during the past week have been extremely inconsistent in
security measures.  At Pearson in Tornoto the "curb-side" check ins
still work allowing one to pass w/o any security checks at all but
yet in Halifax they examine each and every article one has on their
person and in baggage.

Darrin Parker - Canada!
Ten months pumping insulin thanks to the support of wonderful
internet friends & the http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org

The Insulin Infusion Pump instantly gave me better control than I had
achieved in 27 years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average
bg's & fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &  7.0