Re: [IP] Re: Working out and Insulin pumps

Sue,
I can't help you with a calculation. For me, I have to calibrate myself to endure a specific phyical activity. I do heavy yard work. I set my basal rate from 0.8 to 0.2 units per hour. I work for 4 hrs with a heavy lunch usually eat on the run, next another 4-6 hour work then a dinner. Meals bolus are reduced 50% compared to office work. I have to been careful about 2-4 am. Such heavy work shows up in me sometimes 6hr maybe 12-18 hr. If I work another day after the first some times I may need no bolas. When I am calibrating myself for an activity I measure every 1-2 hr and make corrections as I go.
I do not think you can take my data and convert it toyou or your physical activity. Unless you are like me I would ask your medical team for help or procedures. I start 100-160 depending on how the work is starting. My BS goes up above 200 and I stop working at 250 take a bolus and cool off. The BS doesn't come down fast. The time is a waste unless the office is close.
I could use a slow swim now. Have lots of fun.
Eddie