[IP] Re: Working out and Insulin pumps

As has been mentioned, this is all YMMV.  If my bg is where I want it to be
before working out I will eat a 20 - 25 gram snack bar and disconnect
during my exercise.   After I do the cardio and lower body I will test and
adjust accordingly (take a glucose tab if low or take a bolus if a little
high, neither of which have happened for awhile).  After finishing my
workout I will again test.  When my bg's begin to climb I will bolus
accordingly, as the carbs from the snack bar will begin coming in.  I
expect and want my bg's to be climbing after exercise to guard against
lows.  I used to figure how many carbs I would use and bolus right
away.  That way I would drop too low during exercise and still go high
afterwards.  My workout consists of 18 minutes on a stepper or lifecycle
followed by an hour of weights.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
I'm a win-at-all-costs guy. Winning isn't everything. It's second to breathing.
  - George Steinbrenner