Re: [IP] Boluses for high-fat meals

Hi,
My wife and I had a very fattie pizza starting at 8:00 P.M.. I took about
4 times as much insulin. At 10:00 BS was 281, took 8 units of inslin. At
11:15 BS was 280. At 2:00 AM Bs was 179 and at 10:30 AM BS was 139. So
you can see the effects of high fat. Same thing happens with other foods
with high fats. For me it is more the fat must get out of the system
before insulin becomes effective. What happens to the insulin, I don't
know what happens. One said the insulin is destroyed in the kidney. It
seems if the insulin were active after the fat went away that amount of
insulin would drive my BS to near zero. Sorry I was thinking as I was
trying to close the e-mail there so many interesting things that happen
to us as diabetics

Take good Care of youtself.

Eddie

!