[IP] NovoRapid (Novolog) in Canada

I thought Canadian pumpers might be interested in the following regarding the
availability in Canada of NovoRapid (called Novolog in the USA).  Although
this insulin is approved for marketing in Canada, I was told by a
representative of Novo Nordisk, the manufacturer,  that the product will not
be launched in Canada until sometime in 2002.  She could not be specific about
a date.  The representative said that demand for the product in the US and
Europe has exceeded supply and they don't want to launch  the product in
Canada unless their supply is adequate.

dxd October 1993
Pumping with a MM 508 since April 2001