Re: [IP] Working out and Insulin pumps

This is what I was told to do:
Suspend the pump and disconnect 1 hour before working
out and leave it off 1 hour after I workout.  Check
blood sugars before I do cardo and if I am on the
lower side of my range drink some juice. If you are on
the higher side of your range don't drink anything
unless you are afraid of not making it through the
whole cardo without having a low.  You know your body
try it one way and adjust from there. I check my bg
after cardo.  The exersice keeps lowering your bg 1 to
2 hours after your done exercising but after about an
hour I can eat something so the pump goes back on I
bolus for what I am eating and everything works well.
Good luck.

Annie