[IP] Re: meter calibrations

----- Original Message -----
From: "RoseLea" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 7:40 PM

> >Time zoom to 2001.  Since then both the scanners and meters have changed
> >quite a bit.  Electronics are now built not to be effected by the
scanners.
> >There are no warnings that I know about that come with the meters now
(check
> >your manual).  So unless you are using a meter from the dark ages, it
> >shouldn't be a problem anymore.  Unfortunately, not all doctors /nurses
know
> >this and still warn people about putting them through scanners at
airports.
> -- Sherry
>
> I've sent my meters through airport x-rays for the last 7 years with no
> problems....
>
> RoseLea, pumping since 5/15/2000
> well, meters today are just timing devices, no mumbojumbo electronics. how
many coloumbs per unit time does the strip generate 1 volt is 1 coulmb
second i think. the electrochemical reaction is directly proportional to the
glucose in the analysand. glucose + glucose oxidase = hydrogen peroxide.
plus sodium ferrocyanide = electrical current thanks to the electrons. heat
is the biggest enemy of meters because it damages the strips. run a control
once in a while. these too have been dumbed down as well. spot