Re: [IP] Merck-Medco & Quicksets

> Does anyone on Merck-Medco mail order use quicksets?  I was denied
> the quicksets because they say they don't offer them.
> Presumably they're not offered because quicksets are so new.  Does
> anyone have suggestions on a procedure to get them offered?  Talk to
> Minimed? Complain to Merck-Medco that they're the same thing as
> silhouettes and SHOULD be offered?

Yep, talk directly to your insurance carrier and tell them that since
they force you to use Merck then Merck has to carry ALL the supplies
that MM offers or they must allow you to purchase direct at the
preferred rate. If you persist, you will get a result one way or the
other. I did this a few years ago and ended up purchasing direct.
BS/BC eventually set up MM as a prefered vendor.