From: J. Rollins [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 9:57 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] 508 and new pump

A caution to those who use 508.  I got mine in June
of 2000, and have had it since then.  However, about a month ago, I started
noticing that the selc and activate pad was strangely softish

I have had a 508 for almost 2 years.  During this time I have had the pump
replaced two times for key pad problems that you described as a soft key
pad.  MiniMed, obviously, has a problem with the 508 key pad.  I might add
that I keep my pump in a padded sport case all the time and treat it
carefully so I don't "break" the key pad.