[IP] Encouraging words

Hi,  Thanks for the encouraging words:

I sent a private reply to Julie, but wanted to send
you a note of
encouragement.  Please don't let this discourage you
from starting on
pump.  I had a lot of highs and lows on MDI (I was on
six shots/day and
testing frequently) and have the hormone fluctuations
of perimenopause
deal with--and I still was able to establish the
correct basals and I
enjoying stable blood sugars for the first time in a
long time!  (I am
3-week-and-counting pumper.)
                     * * * * * *

I have to remember to keep thinking positively, but
after 3 years of roller coaster rides it is hard once
in awhile.  I thought the Lantus would help, and it
did lower my sugars at first, but now they are
unpredictable again.

Most things I have heard about Carb counting is that
there is a ratio.  1:10, 1:15 etc.   I would be in the
400s if I used that.  I have found I need at least 3
units for every 10 grams of Carbs even taking Lantus.
Would this number decrease on the pump?

Do You Yahoo!?