[IP] airport security for pumps

I have always sent my test meter through x-ray, because it's always in my
purse, and I've never had a problem.  (And I fly a lot).  But now that I'm a
new pumper and will be traveling soon, I was wondering whether I can just
wear my pump when I walk through the metal detector--or is that a problem?
Any advice?

Mine never sets off the usual magnetometer but one alert security person said
"sir put your beeper in the tray." I growled its an insulin pump not a beeper.
after I showed her a sample of the tubing she said, "oh its medical" and that
was that. I'd keep your pump id card to show them. hope i don't have to get
undressed to show them the details spot