[IP] Blood Sugar Crazies

I have been having some really weird problems with my blood sugars.  I hate
to bother everyone with these details, but I'm really frustrated and stumped.
 I know everyone has lots of fluctuations, but this is getting ridiculous!!
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  If you could email me
personally I would really appreciate it!  Thanks.

1)  The other day I had dinner at 7:15pm (at a restaurant) - fish, pasta with
red sauce.  No liquor, 2 bites of tiramisu, no coffee.  I ate nothing after
dinner.  (No other factors - i.e, exercise, that time of the month, etc.)  At
10:15pm I tested 91.  At 4am, I was up to 292!!  (Incidentally, after a bolus
of 3.5 units, I tested 88 at 8:45am.)

2)  I tested 143 at 9am.  I ate NO BREAKFAST.  At noon, I tested HI the first
time (i.e., over 600!), then retested and was 347, then again and was 289!!!
(However, a few days later I tested, without eating at all during this
period, 81 at 8:45am, then 86 at 10:25am and 76 at 11:45am.  Again, no
exercise, etc.  What is that about!?)

3)  At 1:50pm I tested 174.  I ate nothing, but napped a bit.  At 4pm I
tested 284.  (I ate mainly some bread at lunchtime - nothing high in fat.)

4)  Another day for lunch at 1pm I ate 1/2 banana (and took .8 units) and a
chicken breast sandwich on grainy bread (took 1.7 units - my ratio is about
1:15).  At 3:45pm I tested 306 and 343!

5)  Crazy as it sounds, re: point #1, another night showed my basals were
okay!!  I tested 120 at 9:35 pm (the previous boluses were 2.8 units at 6:50,
.7 units at 6:55, and 1.3 units at 7:45pm).  I ate nothing else, and awoke at
8:30 am with a blood sugar of 69!!

I feel like I need to do more basal rate testing... particularly overnight,
which I absolutely hate!  Any thoughts??