[IP] have a question

My next door neighbor (an RN) called to ask about dx symptoms, she says
her 20 month old has been soaking his diapers in 2 hrs time, drinking
much more than usual, and being very irritable at supper time. I told
her these sounded like classic symptoms, but we should just do a finger
stick. 2 hrs after his lunch he was 90, but 30 min after a juice box and
1/2 a banana, he was 274. Her doc told her that this was not totally out
of the normal range, but she should do another check at midnight and
when the baby wakes. Is it ever normal for bgs to go that high in a non
D child? Teresa pumping for Brynn 4 yrs old