Re: [IP] Bloodshot eye

Hi, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with low blood
sugar.  Odds are... he probably rubbed it, or had something
fly into his eye.  Also, sometimes I notice my eyes are red
when they get dry, or from my contacts irritating them.  It
may be a possibility that he is not producing enough tears,
if he's not getting enough hydration.  I would just keep
your eyes on his and if it doesn't improve... make an
appointment to see your doc or opthamologist.

Kathy

--- Dianne <email @ redacted> wrote:
> The school called at 11:30 this morning saying that
> Johnny was running low
> (66 at 11:20am- they gave him a glucose tablet, which for
> him will normally
> bring him up 20 points), had a headache and his eye was
> somewhat red and
> hurt.
>     I picked him up and took his blood when we got home.
> By now it was 12:00
> noon. His reading was 50.  He took a glucose tablet,
> bolused his normal
> amount for lunch and ate lunch. It is now two hours after
> and his reading is
> 125.  His headache is gone and his eye has stopped
> hurting.
>    The question I have for all of you is, have you ever
> gotten a bloodshot
> eye from having a low?  He's had a bloodshot eye a couple
> times before, but
> I don't remember if he was low at those times.  It always
> seems to be his
> left eye.
>    It only lasts about a day and goes away.
>    I don't know if you would really call it bloodshot,
> but it has little
> spider like red lines going from the dark part of the eye
> to the left
> temple.  Not even the whole eye, just the one side.
>    Just wondering if it has anything to do with low blood
> sugar or if it's
> happened to anyone else.
> Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org