Re: [IP] figuring out basals

I've only been on the pump about 2 weeks and my Trainer and doctor insisted
that I not change the basals on my own because its such a tricky thing, My
endo did change my rates once based on all the readings i've been sending her,
and those changes took about 2 days to kick in.

You definitely need to chart your readings to see a pattern and record what
you eat because that can throw you off, For me Pizza seems to affect my
readings for about 12 hours, which at first I thought I needed a higher basal
rate, but I need to adjust the Bolus not the Basal, after a few nights of
eating low-fat foods that broke down when they were supposed to, I got
consistent overnight readings and found out that my basal rate was good.