Re: [IP] Re: Basal testing without skipping meals

In a message dated 10/5/01 3:32:00 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> .  However, wouldn't the same results be obtained if one simply
> ate a meal with NO CARBS AT ALL and then tested?? This would avoid
> devastating starvation, at least in my case!

Well, first, you only do one meal at a time so you will only be skipping
about 4-6 hours of not eating... secondly, because of protein breakdown, that
wouldn't be an accurate measurement on glucose levels.....