[IP] night sweats

Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:22:33 -0800
From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] night sweats

> After reading all the posts on night sweats I felt compelled to add
> my two sense!  My 15 year son with d. has had night sweats for
> years!  He's had everything checked out okay.  It is a mystery  to
> me why he sweats.  I've checked his sugars in the middle of the
> night and they are usually fine so I don't think it's related to
> highs or lows in his case.
>      Marilyn

It is very easy to miss a low in the night. It can happen quickly and
be corrected by the liver almost as quickly. The only way to really
be sure is CGMS. If you check at night, you need to stagger the
checks so that after a few weeks you have checked every hour and have
a repeatable data set. I would not expect to see a low, but they do
happen and are sometimes hard to detect.