re: [IP] Novolog - can you give me more info?

> Hi all,
> I hadn't heard much about Novolog until a couple of the moms started
> writing about their experiences.  Is it only indicated for kids?
> Why did you guys switch?  I've surfed the Net a little but have only
> been able to find comparisons of Novolog with Regular, not with
> Humalog.

Novolog was only released to distribution on the 18th of September,
2001. The people who have been using it for the most part either have
samples from their docs or have been using it under the compasionate
use program provided by Novo Nordisk. It has been availabel in the EU
for a longer period of time under the name NovoRapid. No specific
testing has been done on kids that I'm aware of. Those pumpers that
have to mix H and V to get reasonable site life are beginning to
switch to Novolog to see if it eliminates the site irritation
problem. So far those few that have tried this have found Novolog to
eliminate the site irritation problem and to actually be a bit more
effective i.e. less insulin is required. There are now about a half
dozen reports to the list about this, mostly kids or young people. I
don't recall any reports from adults except for one gentleman in OZ
that is allergic to H and finds that Novolog works well for him so
far (since Aug 1). I believe one of the EU mail admins is also using
NovoRapid, but I don't think he's commented on it.