Re: [IP] abcess under the armpit

My son had one on his thigh where he had inserted the catheter for his pump.
Was in the hospital for 5 days and had to have it drained also. No problems
since then. I hope you are better soon.
Do you have to pack the cut? We had to clean it out with sterile cotton
tipped applicators and put some medicated  gauze in it for several days. But
once it started healing, it closed up really fast.
Julie, Mom to Jared 15, dx'd 5/99, pumping Disetronic Htron,
Hope 12, Mitchell 10
Elkmont, AL