Re: [IP] BS 52 10:30 pm treated with OJ

I have a question for the experts:

I know when Jenny (12) was on humalog and N shots, that we treated lows with a
fast acting sugar (glucose tabs  or juice) followed by a protein or fat or slow
down absorption and keep her from dropping even farther due to the presence of
long-acting insulin.

Now that she is on the pump, it seems to me that this has changed - or maybe
mine logic is right. Usually now when she is low it's because she over-bolused
or exercised more than usual. It happens very rarely. It seems to me all we
need is a fast sugar (usually Capri Sun these days). Once she is up, the
humalog from her basal rate will keep her level. We don't need the fat or
protein to slow the absorption of the glucose.

Does this make sense to anyone else? It seems to work for us, anyway.

Just wondering - Kay