[IP] docs

<What were other people's experiences with starting on the pump as far as
<training & education are concerned?

When I started on the pump, first I had to bring up the subject of going on
the pump to my doctor, then I had to research for myself whether I thought it
would be helpful for me.  I went to 3 or 4 pump support group meetings (not
from the host. my doc was associated with).  The diabetic educator/nurse said
just about everyone they had on the pump was on Minimed so that's what I got.

My training consisting of 2 sessions.  The first was going in and talking to
the diabetic educator/nurse and her putting the pump on me with saline,
wearing it for 3 days. (She said just wear it overnite and then take it off.
I decided to leave it on longer).  A week later I went in with my pump,
returned the pump I had used with the saline, and started with insulin.

The DE/nurse was helpful in answering any questions I might have.  But it was
really a learn-as-you-go process.  I learned 95% of what I know from this
group, the IP group.  (THANK YOU, THANK YOU).

In starting on the pump I never even saw my doctor, the 2 times were with the
DE/nurse.  Come to think of it, I've yet to see my doctor since being on the
pump 4 months.  I better go make an appt.!!!