Re: [IP] Candy Corn (Halloween Candy)

In a message dated 10/5/2001 11:57:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Okay, I love Candy Corn and bought a bag and the carb count says (when I cut
> the serving in half, etc) that 13 pieces is about 17 carbs.  Okay, so
> that's
> my ratio 17:1...
> So I bolus for it, eat the 13 little corns and a couple hours later I'm
> like
> 270 or 280 when I start out normal.
> This has happened three times now and it's depressing because I really love
> those little candies!
> Anyone else experience this?

Hi, I don't have the same situation with candy corn but with Pop Tarts. I
love them but for some reason it seems like no matter how much insulin I take
for them my sugar keeps going higher and higher. Of course it's the Choc.
Chip kind so that makes it twice as worse. I figured it isn't worth going
through this so I just don't eat them as much but I can't seem to totally
give them up! I just keep experimenting with my bolus rates and hopefully I
will determine the right dosage.
Heather W.