Re: [IP] Candy Corn (Halloween Candy)

At 02:56 PM 10/5/2001, you wrote:
>Okay, I love Candy Corn and bought a bag and the carb count says (when I cut
>the serving in half, etc) that 13 pieces is about 17 carbs.  Okay, so that's
>my ratio 17:1...
>So I bolus for it, eat the 13 little corns and a couple hours later I'm like
>270 or 280 when I start out normal.

It does not sound to me like you need to completely give up your favorite
candy. Just figure out the right way to bolus for it. Unless you are going
low and then high it sounds like you might consider a larger bolus.

If you want to track down the discrepancy, rather than just fix it, you
might try weighing the 13 pieces and see if they match the stated serving size.