[IP] A word of thanks

Thank you all for responding to my email the other day about the
social worker and pregnancy.

First, we were able to speak to the doctors at the clinic, who asked
us to sit down with the soical worker and one of the docs today. I
was able to relate to her that yes I can feel frustrated at times with
my control and that sometimes it feels like a chore...as with
anything else you have to do on a daily basis. But that we had
carefully thought out the choice of having a baby and the risks
involved and taken as many steps as are in our power to minimize
them. The doctor even spoke up that we had had lots of pre
conception counseling and testing even before we had stepped into
the clinic and that he would not be treating us if he had any doubts
that we weren't looking at the risks.

It ended with us explaining that we were going to still seek
counseling but with someone that was more familiar with our needs
as a diabetic and not just the infertility counseling. And that was
that. I know that the doctor stayed in there for at least another half
an hour talking with her.

We contacted Joslin for a recommendation of a counselor and were
given several names.

Second is waiting this weekend out it see if we have positive
results from the last try....will be sure to post when we know.

Gail J Donohue