Re: [IP] your not going to believe this !!!

> Michael I would be totally pissed . (Although those aren't the words
> I would use.;-) I've always been afraid this would happen to me and
> I have a tendency to hoard medical supplies. Maybe she could use
> regular in her pump, if it's just for a while. I know it would take
> some getting used to but you don't need a prescription for it.

That's not really the point. Her endo at home would be more than
happy to write any prescription she needs. Look at the situation.
Here's a young (very young) woman, off on her own for the very first
time at an institution of higher learning and she does not yet have a
clue how the real world works. There is a Student Health Organization
that is supposed to look after the interests of their young people
and help guide them through the difficulties of using medical
services on their own for the very first time. Some nit-wit doctor
that can't think out of the box decides that because she is
unfamiliar with a particular drug (in this case "insulin") that she
can't write a prescription for a person with diabetes and instead
would prefer to see them run out of insulin because she can not take
the time to pick up the telephone and simply as a collegue.

I'm sorry, I can stomach that! That borders on criminal neglect in my
book and I will be taking any and all action necessary to see that
this doc hears about her stupidity from her superiors. Personally I
don't thing she's fit to practice medicine.