[IP] Re: your not going to believe this

In a message dated 10/4/2001 7:02:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Lily just called me after leaving her apointment with an internist at
> the Student Health Clinic at UC San Diego. Seems the doctor was more
> than happy to write her prescriptions for all her pump supplies (even
> batteries ??? ) but..... would NOT write a prescription for insulin.
> How dumb is that. The doc claimed that only an endo could do that.
> Well, the reason Lily was seeing this doc in the first place was that
> the earliest endo appointment she could get was at the end of
> November --- guess what she runs out of before that... right,
> INSULIN. How stupid can these people be. I can't believe a Dr. will
> not write a prescription for insulin for a diabetic. Claims she has
> never heard of Novolog -- which may be true, but it's not hard to
> find out -- heck, Lily can even give her the package insert. I had a
> long talk with the "Patient Services Manager" who was equally adamant
> that they "just couldn't write prescriptions willy nilly" .....
> grrrrr....... give me a break.
> I'll keep you posted.
> Michael (steamed!!)
> email @ redacted

Michael that is just insane!!!  My daughters doctor is a Pediatritian.  He
writes all our insulin scripts.  Our endo is up in Portland & we usually see
him every 3 months.  I can't understand how this doctor says she can not
write a script for insulin.  Especially if she will run out of insulin.  I am
just fuming for you!!!
Please keep us updated!!!

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping