[IP] Re: Tapes

In a message dated 10/4/2001 2:29:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> In the kit that MM sends with diff. tapes, do they include Op-Site #4575 by
> Smith + Nephew? It has a green strip on one end of the tape. This is what
> was available 18 yrs. ago when I started pumping, as well as rolls of
> Transpore. I cannot use Transpore, but have never had a problem with the S+N
> Op-Site. It is about 2" x 3" and that green strip should be folded back onto
> itself to make a *grabber* for easy removal. Maybe MM has it on their list
> now, at one time they didn't and I couldn't use what they sent me. I called
> and asked if I could return 2 boxes (@100) for credit. The one I talked to
> said they DO have #4575 and traded me for them. Be sure to ask for this
> style, also. (~_^)
> Jan (62 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
> http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
> (including an album of the EVOLUTION OF PUMPS)
> It's better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the one you

Hi Jan,
  In the kit they only sent 2 kinds of tape.  The Polyskin II which totally
rashed Ashley out within a few minutes of putting it on & the Tegaderm.  The
Tegaderm did not rash her out but, it doesn't stick very well.  Also the Soft
Set does not seem to be sticking well either.  They keep popping up.  So I
went to the drug store & got some Benzoin Tincture.  We just changed her site
yesterday & used the Benzoin Tincture with it.  The tape is actually holding
really well & so far no rash.  So I believe we have found what will work.  At
least for the moment.
Does the Op-Site #4575 stick really well?  I may just give them a call & ask
to try that out too.  Thanx for your input!!!

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping