[IP] Re:lantus good or bad?

In a message dated 10/4/2001 2:29:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I took Lantus while I've waited to get my pump.  Lantus doesn't work for me,
> does absolutely nothing.  Its like I'm not even taking anything.
> IMHO, I haven't seen Lntus to be that great an improvement over anything
> else.  I'm actually doing a bit better on Lente, than I did on the Lantus.

Hi all,
  Ashley was on Lantus for 4 months prepump.  I hated it.  Her blood sugars
were more out of control then they were when we were using NPH.  But, I was
told to give it 4 months & I did.  We had so many night time lows too & when
we would adjust the lantus just by 1/4 of a unit her blood sugar would soar.
Boy was I glad to be done with that.  Also the 4 to 6 injections a day!!!!
We love the PUMP!!!!

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping