Re: [IP] figuring out basals

>The "Insulin Pumping" book is on order (will take 3-4 weeks).  I'm just
>wondering if people tend to be more aggressive with increasing the basal.
>Am I being too impatient?  I felt so well that 1st day on pump with normal

I don't see lots of reason to be real aggressive while increasing the basal
rates. I did it carefully in a stepwise manner taking several days to a
week for each change. I feel the process worked very well. You should just
be sure to use correction boluses as need to keep the BG from going
progressively too high during the process.

Good luck and welcome to pumping.