[IP] Graduated from saline to insulin!

I switched cartridges this morning going from saline to insulin. Yea!

I spent two days on saline at the insistence of my doctor. Felt a bit
eager to get to the real thing, but now think maybe it was a good idea
to start with the saline. It gave me a chance to become comfortable
with the insertion, the mechanics, and the wearing of the pump without
having to stress too much about setting basals and boluses correctly
from the start. The only problem was in tracking down a pharmacy that
had saline in the proper form/container.

I'm very excited about pumping (hope I haven't gotten my expectations
up too high). Hoping it (along with carb counting, exercise, etc) will
help me get my many highs and lows under control so that I can have a
healthy pregnancy and baby very soon. This site and its online support
group has been a great help in getting me this far!

diagnosed type 1 in 1981
pumping insulin since 4 Oct 2001 !  : )

Do You Yahoo!?