[IP] brain damage from lows

From: "Kathy Bruckmeyer" <email @ redacted>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re: high's vs low's

Lots of times the lows can be more damaging than the highs...

I will never forget my dr. in NY telling me that everytime my b.g. went 40
or below, I was doing damage to my brain and losing brain cells...

It's no wonder that after 35 yrs of being diab...I am practically brain dead
and can't remember anything!

Seriously though, the eyes, if there is any sort of retinopathy can leak
from low's as well.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00
Well, who knows, your doc could have been correct, there has been no research
in this area. I tried to get a grant from ADA to study "Sommer's sector" in
type 1 diabetics with frequent lows to see if the brain cells in this area
were damaged but could not get an award. keep good records, insist on an
autopsy at death and ask that Somer's sector and the planum temporale be
studied for signs of brain damage.  spot