Re: [IP] Lantus- good or bad?

<< Dianne Said: My big question is.... since they came out with lantus it's
suppose to do , in essence what  the pump does, will the insurance companies
start rejecting claims for people going on the pump because they now have
lantus to use? >>

<< I took Lantus while I've waited to get my pump.  Lantus doesn't work for
me, does absolutely nothing.  Its like I'm not even taking anything. IMHO, I
haven't seen Lntus to be that great an improvement over anything else.  I'm
actually doing a bit better on Lente, than I did on the Lantus.
Jenn >>

Here's where YMMV comes in.  ;-)   I was on Lantus before the pump after
being on Lente.  LOVED Lantus; hated Lente.  Dianne, I don't think you need
to worry about insurance companies not approving the pump.  No one is saying
that Lantus does just what the pump does--its only (huge) improvement is more
consistent absorption of the insulin delivered.  Because a user can't set
different basals for different times of day, can't deliver the insulin in
tenths of a unit, etc., Lantus will never do what the pump does.