[IP] RE: ins. bankrupt

 >> The president came out right after the WTC and announced it was an
act of war. It's possible they (insurance companies) won't be paying what most
think they will. If there's a way to weasel out of paying, you can bet they'll
find it.
Judi in MI <<

One other point I neglected in my last post is that the President can not
declare war.  Only Congress can.  Although the Constitution allows that war
be declared against individuals or groups, it is not likely to happen.  The
last declared war was December 8, 1941., which means that Korea and Viet
Nam were not wars.  They will probably try to exclude the policies written
on the Towers after the '93 attack, with terrorism exclusions.  They will
try to weasel out of it, but they will lose in court for those cases, imo.

I do believe that our costs will go up, our coverage down and Congress will
be loathe to knock the insurance companies back for fear of damage to them.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
Weaseling out of things is what separates man from the animals -- well,
except for the weasel.
  - Homer Simpson