Re: [IP] Lantus- good or bad?

I don't think it will be a problem with insurance companies.  Lantus simply cannot do what a pump can do.  My eight-year-old daughter is currently on a Lantus/Humalog regimen.  If anything, being on Lantus has shown me how wonderful it would be to be able to set different basal rates for different times of the day/night.  I joined this list to learn all I can about pumping with hopes that my daughter will eventually be ready for a pump!  I'm ready, her endo says OK, we're just patiently waiting for it to be OK with her!  For now I guess Lantus is the next best thing -- certainly better than trying to predict when the NPH would peak!  The worst thing about Lantus is the number of shots required.  Kaleigh currently gets five shots a day.