[IP] Need of some support (long)

Gail, If the doctors who are familiar with diabetes and pregnancy have given
you the green light, then by all means keep trying.  If you and your husband
feel you can handle the hurdles ahead (and it seems like you both agree that
you can), then I would not listen to someone who is not familiar with
diabetes on a daily basis.  It sounds as if this social worker has read all
the horror stories out there about diabetes.  Or perhaps she watched Steel
Magnolias one too many times.  (Don't watch it if you've never seen it.)
Anyway, I had two children  (now 5 and 8) and did not even have a pump then.
It was a lot of work, but definitely not impossible.  And yes, it was
difficult after the babies were born, as I found the post partum period
difficult in terms of diabetes control - all those fluctuating hormones.
However, it was worth the frustration, and it was not impossible - just a lot
of work!  I think anything worthwhile having is usually even more appreciated
if you had to work hard for it.   Just my two cents worth.