Re: [IP] Lantus- good or bad?

Well I was a long-time NPH/Regular user and only recently (May '01) went on Lantus for 24 hour coverage with Humalog for meal bolouses. I switched because I am such a brittle diabetic. Anyway, I liked the results, but didn't like taking 4+ shots a day. So I expressed an interest in getting the pump and now have one. So my insurance company didn't bat an eye when I changed from NPH/Regular to Lantus/Humalog and now to the pump in a six month period. I guess it depends on your insurance plan. I fortunately have a good one.

Good luck.