Re: [IP] Need of some support (long)

Hi Gail,
Don't fall into the trap of thinking the social worker is down on you.
She's got you thinking which is exactly what she wants.  Now you have to
show a positive mental attitude with a little (not much) indignation that
anyone would question your and hubby's desire for a child after what you are
doing to try to have a baby.
You need to look her in the eye and say, "You know, my husband and I have
discussed all these issues, and that's why we're here.  If there's any way
to have a baby, we're doing it.  Yes, caring for my diabetes is time
consuming, more so now because WHEN  I become pregnant, the baby is going to
have the best possible chance, and once I deliver my healthy baby, then I
have some options over the degree of control for my diabetes while still
keeping myself healthy.  Caring for my diabetes is a part of our life
together, just as couples who already have one child continue to love and
care for that child while caring for the new baby or how couples handle
having multiple births [is that a possibility, Gail?].  It's called finding
the positives and dealing with the negatives."   Hubby also needs to chime
in with how and what support he does, and will, give you, what kinds of
things he will be doing to help with a newborn, etc.
Do you have a good support system near you such as parents (yours, inlaws),
friends, or a New Mom's group you could join once you have a baby?  If you
do have good support systems in place or even if it's just someone being
able to come and stay with you for the first few weeks after the birth, then
be sure to emphasize that because it shows you've been thinking about after
the birth, not just conception.  Also, be sure to emphasize the "in writing"
stuff from your other doctors.
Wishing you a safe and wonderfully blissful pregnancy in the near future.
Marj; Mike; and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)