[IP] Why do they call it a honeymoon period if I'm not anywhere fun?

So I went to my very pro-pump endo yesterday who said it would be at least 3
months before I could safely go on a pump.  My blood sugar crashed to 50
twice in the past two weeks when I had no active insulin in my system,
wasn't exercising, and had eaten carbs in the previous hour.  She called
this "androgenous insulin production".  I thought David Bowie was
androgenous, I didn't realize insulin could be too !

So they are pretty much categorizing me as a Type 1 1/2 -- I have more
characteristics of Type I than II, but my c-peptide isn't zero (yet).

Anyone else been there?  What else am I in for the next three months?