Re: [IP] feelings and diabetes - from appearances they seem to not exist....

    I know exactly how you feel. I cannot work, and so I had to get on
Supplimental Security Insurance, SSI. Well the first time I applied they
turned me down. I appealed it, and I wrote them a letter basically stating,
"Do not just look at the physical part of diabetes, which is a big part, but
also look at the mental part of it. Not only does diabetes take a lot out of
you physically, it is a daily mental battle to overcome it." It was after I
wrote this letter, I was accepted into SSI.
    Mentally it is one of the biggest challenges that a person can come up
against. No I am not saying that it is the biggest. I know that there are a
lot of other things out there that equal, if not surpass diabetes. But it
does take a big toll out of a person. That is one of the reasons, that
studies have shown, that more diabetics then not suffer from depression.
    I have tried going to phsychiatrists, but they all seemed to just want
to agree with me, or run tests. That is not the type of support that I need.
It is people like you, Jim, and others of this group that matters most to
me. Before I found this group and joined up, I thought that I had everything
under the best control that I could possibly do, under the circumstances,
but this group has shown me differently.
    Not only does everybody let me rant and rave when I need to, but they
also offer constructive suggestions and wonderful moral support. I try to
tell everybody that I meet that are diabetics about this wonderful place. I
don't know how I managed before I found this wonderful group of people.
    God bless, Hang in there, and don't be afraid of speaking up when you
need to.

Cherry

Yesterday is in the past...
Tomorrow has yet to come...
Today is a gift, that is why we call it...THE PRESENT!