re: [IP] mail order pharmacies - Express Scripts

catherine popper <email @ redacted> wrote:
One more gripe and then my next email will be filled
with sunshine and monkeys...
I'm with Aetna, who has treated me pretty well, but
Express Scripts, the mail order pharmacy is so inept.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with Express Scripts.
My hubby & the kids were on Aetna last year with Express
Scripts for mail order.  AARRRRGGGHHHHHH!  Those people
know nothing about customer service.  They ran out of
ChemStrips for urine testing but didn't bother to tell
us they couldn't fill the order for about 2-1/2 weeks,
and then it was up to us to get the new prescription in.
Of course, if you deal with a local pharmacy, they
call the doctor's office & help you get what you need.
What a concept.  I would write to their management &
let Aetna know about their lack of service for you.
I mean, they are the pharmacy - they're supposed to be
providing a service to you to provide medications that
you need as prescribed by your doctor, not making you
do all the run-around on it.

I was about to get all over their case but then we
switched everyone to my insurance through work, and we
have a wonderful supply contract with Diabetes Management
Solutions.  They handle getting the prescription &
everything - so they managed to ship us KetoStix before
Express Scripts even finished figuring out what to substitute.
They've just been superb to deal with, and I sent
them a letter to let them & my company know how much hassle
they have taken out of our lives with their great service.

Good luck.  There are good companies out there!

Do You Yahoo!?