Re: [IP] EPO - PTL!!!!!

At 03:46 PM 10/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Do I ever have a praise!!!  I just received 13 vials of single-use only
>Procrit (erythropoietin = EPO) for $30.00 (THIRTY DOLLARS) total!!!!!!!!!
>For 7 yrs. I have been going to the hospital bi-weekly or weekly for an
>injection of this *liquid gold*  (my words) and paying (ins.) $170.00 per
>injection - our part was $54 a mo. Our previous ins. co. would not let me
>inject it myself (doing shots/infusion 51 yrs to myself). When I saw
>nephrologist 9/24 he wrote me an Rx for 90 days (13 wks) of 3,000 units (30u
>on an insulin syringe).

If you ever start to need dialysis (which I think you said you will),
Medicare pays for EPO shots.  I got them for a couple of years before my
transplants, and they were given to me at my dialysis center.  Good hearing
that they are allowing you to inject yourself, and that you have gotten it
so inexpensively.